14 Red Roof Downtown San Antonio
739 E César E. Chávez Blvd
Arguably the high-quality iconic angel of San Antonio’s skyline — and sincerely the first-class arresting — the Belfry of the Americas changed into congenital for the 1968 World’s Fair to function its signature shape.
300 Augusta St.
The circuitous was recommended by using artist Francois Giraud, who became a ambassador of San Antonio. The aboriginal academy constructing, which currently houses art studios and classrooms, was congenital in 1851 with the aid of Jules Poinsard.
108 Auditorium Circle
The aggregation took over the old sporting domicile abaft the Maverick-Carter domicile in 1968 to evolve ample of the cinnamon-and-sugar-dusted pastries for admirers at the World’s Fair.
205 E. Houston St.
Since aperture Nov. 20, 1909, the Sheraton Gunter Auberge has passed through ample renovations. He auberge turned into alleged afterwards agriculturist Jot Gunter, its arch investor, who died afore the auberge changed into completed, consistent with the constructing’s appliance to the Civic Register of Celebrated Places.
205 Piazza Italia
The Romanesque-style San Francesco di Paola Catholic Abbey turned into congenital in 1927 for the town’s Italian Catholics.
555 Funston Place
The architectonics changed into accustomed in 1987 to the San Antonio Botanical Garden. The constructing’s limestone blocks have been anxiously disassembled and obvious by using masons, and, afterwards years of recovery, the re-erected architectonics opened in 1995.
1015 Navarro St.
Built throughout World War I forth the river by using a San Antonio grocer as a dwelling house to homestead consumers travelling town, the Auberge Havana now sports activities a piece of burghal hipster sublime.
623 S Pecos La Trinidad
This celebrated anatomy aboriginal served as an fundamental academy and changed into alleged afterwards José Antonio Navarro, a native-born attestant of the Texas Declaration of Independence and afterwards accompaniment senator.
5000 S. Presa St.
With its all-embracing architectonics on the Southeast Side, the Hot Wells Ballroom become congenital as a girls’ academy in 1916 once more have become a sanitorium afore a alternation of incarnations as workplaces and clinics.
Highland Park, Southeast Side
Beginning inside the 1930s, acclaimed San Antonio columnist E.O. Goldbeck acclimated the acreage as his domestic and studio, place he pioneered and in a position throughout-the-board pictures.
University of the Incarnate Word
The songs of delivered than a aeon of Catholic sisters expect to amble on this aerial abbey of anemic marble, gold accents, and stain-glass filtered mild. The columns and arches are abounding with inscriptions and symbolism.
South Frio Artery and West César E. Chávez Blvd.
The bend of South Frio Artery and West César E. Chávez Boulevard become home to a blaze base aback the backward Nineties, in step with a 2008 analysis cardboard by the united states College of Architecture.
307 Pearl Parkway
The abiding has achieved article of a position changeabout during its 119 years of operation. Aback within the day, the annular architectonics housed horses acclimated to bear beer past the metropolis. Now, the flush arise to the abiding for drinks.
118 N. Medina St.
The celebrated Heimann Architectonics turned into already domestic to a auberge congenital because of its adjacency to the International and Great Northern Railroad station. It become the aboriginal auberge with a blast arrangement and aircon, consistent with the Civic Trust for Celebrated Preservation.
a hundred Alamo Plaza
Joske Brothers opened in 1889. The evolving architectonics appearance limestone, Spanish Renaissance capacity and a replica of Mission San José’s sacristy window.
East Olmos Drive amid Crescent Artery and Devine Road
San Antonio-based totally artist Samuel F. Crecelius counseled the Olmos Dam and oversaw its construction.The architectonics of the $1.Five actor anatomy started out afterwards a 1921 flood devastated burghal and drowned approximately 50 residents.
Denman Estate Park, 7735 Mockingbird Lane
Perched on the some distance give up of the pond at Denman Estate Esplanade is the Pavilion of Gwang-Ju, a “sister city” allowance that brings an Eastern blow to a agreeable ascendancy in Northwest San Antonio.
131 Taylor St.
The Toltec Accommodation architectonics has get up abounding amphitheater aback it debuted in 1913 as one of the metropolis’s aboriginal accommodation buildings.
2302 S. Presa St.
Built in 1925, the red brick anatomy was persisted in 1948. Decrepit bottle home windows, counseled by using the pastor at that point, additionally had been added. In 1929, a -tale architectonics changed into entire to dwelling house the church’s college, which performed reputation through 8th grade. The academy bankrupt in 1975, but the abbey nonetheless offers daycare and preschool.
200 W. Jones Ave.
The architectonics opened in 1981, however its architectonics become congenital in 1884 for the Lone Star Brewery.
434 S. Alamo St.
Named for Sarah Riddle Eagar, housed the Southern Baptist Exhibit in the course of HemisFair ‘sixty eight and charcoal on the esplanade grounds.
655 E. Cesar Chavez Blvd.
Built to serve as the U.S. Pavilion for HemisFair ‘sixty eight, he drum-like anatomy attracts from Greek and Roman architectonics but conjures up area-age appeal.The travertine-paneled architectonics is alleged for a collapsed federal choose.
515 S.W. Twenty fourth St.
With decrepit bottle home windows alien from Germany and intricate art work at the walls, the abbey at the campus of Our Lady of the Lake University, is a appalling afterimage to behold, its acme enormous 193 ft.The abbey is acclimated with the aid of the Sisters of Divine Providence as capable-bodied as the college.
1717 San Pedro Ave.
In 1904, agent David Woodward turned into at his revel in cease anxious to acquisition absolutely the altogether allowance for his wife, Mae. So he absitively to body one —and nowadays it’s far domestic to the San Antonio Woman’s Club.
600 Soledad St.
Its ablaze pink blush turned into abominable at the start, but now the library is aloof an arresting allotment of the burghal skyline.
at 114 W. Commerce St.
It become the house of Frost Coffer aback in 1922. Now the architectonics is endemic with the aid of the burghal and is place Burghal Council affairs are held.
705 E. Houston St.
Terra cotta gargoyles at the abandon of the Medical Arts Architectonics suitable a altered affectionate of bedfellow these days than aback it opened as a sanatorium in 1924.
Though it sits within the bosom of a University of the Incarnate Word campus car parking zone, popularity congenital the domicile as a interest house.
906 W. Kentucky St.
The Discalced Carmelites, a Catholic religious order, had the abbey congenital in 1931.
240 Bushnell Ave.
Built in 1926 and advised through artist Robert Kelly, it houses 29 one- and -bed room apartments.
It became indexed on the Civic Register of Celebrated Places in 2000. In 2004, the architectonics was rededicated and alleged afterwards the San Antonio-born federal adjudicator who died in 2002.
418 Villita St.
Designed by means of artist Robert H.H. Hugman, the amphitheater amphitheater curve a bend of the River Walk by way of La Villita, with staging on the arctic coffer and basement at the south.
411 S.W. Twenty fourth St.
On May 6, 2008, a blaze heavily damaged OLLU’s celebrated Main Building. It become rebuilt and reopened in 2010.
211 Belknap Place
The temple has passed through several renovations and additions over the years, together with the Memorial Patio fact changed by way of the Oppenheimer Abbey in 1960.
310 W. Ashby Place
When Pearl Beer arch Otto Koehler selected the acropolis on which to frame his house, he had a vivid look of Burghal Brewery, which afterwards became Pearl Brewery.
1746 Lockhill-Selma Road
The armpit became able-bodied regular as domestic to chef Jason Dady’s restaurant, The Lodge of Castle Hills, for approximately a decade until it bankrupt in December 2011.
a hundred Probandt St.
The abstraction to accessible an ice domicile came even as the client became bubbler a beer on the antique Acapulco Drive-In. He absitively aperture bottles turned into article he ought to get suitable at.
217-219 Alamo Plaza
German immigrant William “Billy” Reuter whole the 4-tale brick architectonics on Alamo Plaza in the aboriginal Nineties. Reuter’s alehouse lively the aboriginal floor.
1601 Buena Vista
The architectonics is “the alone actual archetype of a abbey in Beaux Arts look in San Antonio,” in line with the Texas Actual Commission website.
228 S. Laredo St.
Historic abstracts and artifacts from the circle of relatives’s pastime and assignment are kept at the battleground home, one of the few actual adobe structures in San Antonio, consistent with the Texas Actual Commission.
1815 Fredericksburg Road
At Deco Pizzeria, barter alcohol sangria and eat thin-crust pepperoni pizza in the aforementioned atom where, a long time ago, motorists fed their automobiles at a fuel pump.
9599 Braun Road
A burghal landmark, the house become acrimonious by way of a wooden-burning range and had no air con via its aftermost hobby through Burton Braun, who died in 2006 at age eighty five.
102 W. Crockett St.
Built in 1927 for a clandestine membership, it became purchased by Oklahoma oilman Thomas Gilcrease in 1942 and acclimated for his amassed office.
7400 Bandera Road
The song venue, congenital in 1946, turned into originally a lager collective and biker hangout.